Criteria of a Good Research
Good Research: How to Identify the Right Topic?
Every research study, irrespective of its type, should meet some criterions so that it can be classified as good research. Let us discuss some of these criterions.
- One of the important characteristics of a good research is that the purpose of the research is clearly defined. A research study with clearly defined purpose finds a wider acceptance and acknowledgement within the research community.
- Second important characteristic of a good research is that the research method should be defined in a clear manner with sufficient detail. This will allow the repetition of the study in future for further advancement, while maintaining the continuity of what has been done in the past.
- The third thing to remember is that any limitations and assumptions made by the researcher during the course of the study should be clearly highlighted in the research. This will support the findings of the research study, in case someone tries to validate the study findings.
- The fourth thing to remember is that, as far as possible, the research design should be planned in a way that the results generated are as objective as possible. This will provide an easier understanding about the findings of the research.
- Another thing to be considered by the researcher is that there should be sufficient data to investigate the research topic. And the researcher should carefully check the reliability and validity of the data.
- Further, in order to deliver a good research, a researcher should confine the conclusions to those justified by the data.
- Lastly, a good research depends a great deal on the integrity and commitment of the researcher.
So, make sure that you adhere to these guidelines when you are carrying out your research.